Instructions matter, not only in the material things of
The Word of God is the Creator’s instruction manual, guidebook, and global positioning system; it tells us how life is to be lived. It reveals the character of God, unveils the plan of salvation in Jesus, and invites us into an eternal adventure through the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
I am convicted by the words of Mahatma Gandhi: “You Christians look after a document containing enough dynamite to blow all civilization to pieces, turn the world upside down and bring peace to a battle-torn planet. But you treat it as though it is nothing more than a piece of literature.”
We are people of the Word. We believe that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God, and, as D.L. Moody affirms, that it “was not given for our information but for our transformation.”
The Word of God undergirds our vision to be a Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, and Mission-focused people.
This issue of our Alliance Connection magazine is an invitation into an encounter with God through His Word. Our hope is to inspire you to read, reflect on, and consume God’s Word.
In this issue,
- discover the ways that Bible Quizzing has a deep and abiding impact on teens, coaches, officials, and families;
- be encouraged that a Bible app is being used among least-reached people groups;
- be stirred by a reflection on spiritual discernment;
- be heartened to learn that norms in Scripture regarding human life, euthanasia, assisted suicide, prostitution, and pornography are being discussed at Parliament.
God has freely given us His divine instruction book. It is powerful and transforming, and it brings stability when everything around us is unsteady. This is one teaching manual you must not ignore!
Be sure to pick up a FREE copy at any Alliance church in Canada, or click on the pdf at the bottom of this page.
l'Alliance Connection en français
Télécharger la version imprimable du numéro du automne 2017 de l'Alliance Connection (en français seulement).
Any member of the Alliance, donor, or friend of the Alliance can sign up to subscribe to the print and/or online version.
- Online subscription: The online version comes directly to your inbox, with links to featured articles, as well as a link to the flipbook version, for viewing on your tablet. You can
unsubcribeor change your subscription preferences at any time, via the email that you will receive.
- Print subscription: The print version includes two print issues/year (spring and fall). Print copies are available to people living in Canada or the U.S. only.
To change your subscription or ask questions about these free subscriptions, please let us know by emailing us, phoning us at (416) 674-7878 ext. 202, or writing us at:
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
7560 Airport Road, Unit 10,
Mississauga, ON L4T 4H4
Every issue of the print version of the magazine is available online. Click on any of the magazine covers shown at the bottom of this page, or see all issues on Issuu now.
Each article, starting with the Spring 2015 issue, is also available on our stories page. Articles include links to related pages or blogs, extra photos or videos, a link to the Issuu version of the magazine, and the opportunity to share your thoughts.
Here are a few ways you can spread the news:
- Ask members of your church to pick up their copy from the church lobby
- Distribute copies as people leave a service
- Ask your church administrator or pastor to share these announcements:
- Use these slides in your church announcements - Download
- Copy and paste one of our bulletin announcements: bulletin announcement, bulletin insert
Links to Resources
- Topical Index for cmAlliance.ca - You can sort by category, title, author, or issue. A link is provided from each article to the online version.
- Writer's Guidelines - provides deadlines, tips for successful articles, how to submit your story, and other helpful information.
- Advertising Policy - tells you how to send ads for inclusion in our magazine, including details such as sizes, costs,
graphicrequirements, and submission dates, etc.
For more information or to let us know your comments about Alliance Connection, please email us or write us at the address noted above.
To view any of our past issues, please choose one of the links below: