O God, with all our hearts, we long for you. Come, transform us to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused people, multiplying disciples everywhere.
- As a disciple of Jesus, how deeply do you value being and making disciples?
- What concrete steps have you recently taken as Christ’s disciple to be like Jesus?
- Name one person you are in a disciple-making relationship with.
- That the Holy Spirit will fill us with the passion of being disciples and making disciples.
- That God would pour out his divine anointing on all those around the world who are involved in disciple-making, especially for those in limited-access nations.
- That the Southern Thai would become disciples who make disciples conformed to the likeness of Jesus.
- Let us join the early Church in praying, “Maranatha, Come Lord Jesus!”
- Jesus, what are you saying to the Church and me today in the specific area of disciple-making?
- How can I join you in this mission today?
Although the main religion of Thailand is Buddhism, Islam is the predominant religion in Southern Thailand. Most Southern Thai practice a folk Islam mixed with animism.
Many people in Southern Thailand are Malay by descent, who ended up in Thailand when Britain and France established the country’s borders in the early 1900s. Of the 10 million people who live in the south, less than 0.5% are believers, mainly from Buddhist backgrounds.
Locals believe a particular city in this region has intense spirit activity. Many people travel there from other countries to make merit and appease the spirits.
About 20,000 Thai call Canada home and the vast majority are Buddhist.
Pray with us:
Father, bless Thailand with a tremendous outpouring of your Holy Spirit! Thank you for the workers you have already called there! Bless them with protection, courage, and wisdom as they follow you into the ripe harvest fields. Would you send even more labourers to Thailand? We pray for connections with people of peace who both receive and share the Gospel with their friends and neighbours.
Bless many Thai with hearts that respond to your Good News. May the nation of Thailand yield a harvest of righteousness for the glory of your Name! Amen.
- How does the authority given to Christ give you courage for the work of making disciples?
- How would you teach a new disciple to obey what Jesus commanded?
- Who is Jesus sending you to? Have you received the filling of the Spirit to be empowered for the task? Ask for this gift today!
- That all our efforts to multiply disciples locally and globally would be anointed with the authority and presence of Christ.
- That our disciple-making would be transformational.
- That there would be such a multiplicative disciple-making movement among the Gulf Arabs and they would be able to join us in reaching other least-reached people groups as well.
- Jesus, how can I bring your presence and authority into everything I do to multiply disciples?
Approximately 54 million Gulf Arabs from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. Almost all are followers of Islam except for around 300 known believers. The Joshua Project states that 98.1% of the 78,000 Gulf Arabs living in Canada are Muslim. Many are international students who have travelled to Canada to receive higher education. University is a unique season for many Arab students because they can explore and discover opportunities otherwise unavailable to them back home. Would you consider reaching out to international students and inviting them into your home?
Pray with us:
Father, we bless Gulf Arabs with a disciple-making movement! Bless the few Arab believers with continued favour and opportunities to make your Name famous among the nations.
We pray that you would grant your people influence, as you did with Joseph and Daniel. May your people seize divine opportunities to show hospitality to international students. May your love be poured out through your people, into every sphere where they have influence. Bless your disciples with boldness, courage, and the ability to disciple others. “One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts” (Psalm 145:4). Amen.
- What most strikes you about Paul’s efforts to multiply disciples everywhere?
- Paul was “all in” when it came to disciple-making. What would “all in” look like for you?
- How could you leave your comfort zone to make the Gospel relevant to those God has called you to reach?
- That we would pursue all possible means to multiply disciples and have the courage to do all we can to provide access to Jesus for all people.
- That we would be compelled to complete the missional tasks that Jesus has given us and that we would do so with great humility and heartfelt tears.
- That our international workers among the Wolof would have Spirit-empowered wisdom to contextualize the Gospel and lead them to become disciples of Jesus.
- Jesus, what is one way I could identify with those you call me so that I might make an impact?
The Wolof have strong ties to their culture, heritage, and language. Despite colonization, modernization, and globalization pressures, the Wolof still maintain many traditional practices.
There are around 6,000 Wolof who call Canada home, and they have predominately settled into communities in Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, and Winnipeg. Only 0.02% of the 6 million Wolof are Christian; the rest are followers of Islam. Most Wolof are not overtly antagonistic to the gospel message.
They are usually polite and will “discuss” Christian views but are still resistant to follow Jesus wholeheartedly.
Pray with us:
Lord Jesus, you are the Prince of Peace. You are peace to the heart amid fear. We thank you for Wolofs who have found you as their peace. For those who do not know you in this way, we pray that you will bless them with the peace that comes from a relationship with Jesus. Bless them with the assurance of eternal life. We ask that you uphold new Wolof believers and keep them faithful to Jesus and firm in their faith, despite persecution and rejection by their families. Enfold them in your garments and speak the hope of peace to their understanding. Amen.
- Why did Pharaoh extend such favour to Joseph? How did the quality of his life among the pagans lead to the salvation of the nations?
- How might you gain favour with those you connect with? How could this help you to multiply disciples?
- What distinguishes you in the eyes of the unbelievers around you?
- How does your life declare the praises of God in a way that is attractive to others?
- That God would raise wise and discerning leaders to faithfully represent Christ in positions of influence in our country and world.
- That the strength, beauty, and wisdom of our lives would have a transformational impact on the lives of others, leading many to become disciples of Jesus.
- That Amdo Tibetans would say of our international workers what was said of Joseph: ‘There is no one so discerning and wise as you.”
- Jesus, what is one way that I can best reflect your wisdom and beauty to those I connect with today?
About 1.2 million Amdo Tibetans make up the six million Tibetans living in China. Most live and work as farmers and herders. About 10,000 Tibetans are living in Canada.
Their religion and culture are deeply integrated, and many believe: ‘I am Tibetan; therefore, I am a Tibetan Buddhist.’ Most Tibetans have a dedicated space in their homes with ritual objects they use daily.
Although few, Tibetan believers are growing in their faith, becoming bold, and caring for fellow believers in the countryside and neighbouring countries. Many Christian resources have been produced for Tibetan Buddhists. However, the long-hoped-for revival lags behind the effort. Enter the intercessors. Will you join us in praying for Tibetans?
Pray with us:
Father, you have formed us in your image so that creation might worship and adore you, our Creator. Would you bless Tibetans with the joy that comes from fellowship with the Eternal in worship? As they worship, will you let the emptiness of idolatry overcome them so that they will seek the God who loves them, with all their heart, soul, and mind?
Connect Tibetan Buddhists with Tibetan Christians who are serving you. Let the exuberant worship of Tibetans become unending praise to their Creator through salvation in Jesus. May their constant and passionate worship be turned toward you, Jesus. Amen.
- How did Paul respond to the distressing reality he encountered in Athens? How could we respond in similar ways to anything that opposes Christ?
- What are ways to make the Gospel relevant and attractive today without losing the truth?
- One day, people from all nations will say: “Let us go with you because we have heard that God is with you.” Do our lives reflect the beauty of Emmanuel in such a way that others would want to join us in being his disciples?
- That Christ in us would shine brightly for all to see—and that many would long to join us as his disciples.
- That we would have the wisdom to reveal the unchanging truth and beauty of Jesus in ways that our changing world can understand and appreciate.
- That the Punjabi Arain would undeniably see that God is with his people and join us in being his disciples.
- Jesus, is there anything in my life that is hindering me from reflecting your presence to those around me?
There are 0.0% Christians reported among the global population of 9.9 million Arain. The Punjabi-speaking Arain mainly live in the northern Indian state of Punjab. They are almost all Muslim.
Over 500,000 Punjabi people are living in Canada.
Pray with us:
Father, we rejoice in the day when the Punjabi-speaking Arain will discover the face of their Creator. What a glorious day it will be when the hearts of the Arain are reunited with their Maker!
Stir the hearts of your people with a desire to reach the Arain. We ask that Arains would have a deep yearning to know you and be known by you. Pour out your Spirit upon entire families. Holy Spirit, we ask that you continue to soften their hearts, prepare them to recognize you, and be reunited with the One who loves and cares for them.
As the seeds are planted, would you bless the soil of our friends’ hearts to receive their King? We bless the roots to grow deep and for the seeds to receive the nourishment and care they need so that a fruitful harvest may come. Amen.
- How did Daniel and his friends have a transformational impact on the pagan nation of Babylon? How did their faithful witness to Nebuchadnezzar have a multiplicative effect on all the countries in the empire?
- In an increasingly post-Christendom society, how might we have this kind of transformative impact for Christ and multiply disciples everywhere?
- That we would have the courage to follow Christ even when this brings hostility from others boldly, and that we would have the wisdom to do so in ways that humbly and beautifully reflect the character of Jesus.
- That the power of Christ in us would deliver us from evil and convince many to join us in being his disciples.
- That the eternal dominion of Jesus would be revealed to each people group we’ve prayed for this week (Southern Thai, Gulf Arabs, Wolof, Amdo Tibetans, Punjabi Arain), and that they would praise and exalt and glorify his name.
- Jesus, how can I multiply disciples everywhere?
- What is the unique role you are calling me to play?
Support the mission
The Global Advance Fund (GAF) is a pooled fund that supports our workers in Canada and around the world to share the Gospel with people who haven't yet heard the name of Jesus. Your continued generosity equips and sustains our workers and their ministry.
An In-between TimeJoanne Beach
The Global Advance Fund at work in CanadaThe Alliance Canada
Call for Nomination Papers | Eastern Canadian DistrictThe Alliance Canada
Plant 80 churches in South AsiaThe Alliance Canada
An Indigenous ReflectionHoward Jolly
Owen Sound Alliance Church’s Harvest for HungerThe Alliance Canada