We continue to partner with Good Works Mission (Dobro Czynić in Polish) a Christian Relief and Development organization in Poland. As of July, the following are initiatives that they are overseeing and implementing with funding we are contributing:
- Serving 18 churches who are hosting groups of Ukrainian guests in addition to hundreds of private homes hosting as well.
- A large food distribution centre has been opened to supplement private homes hosting refugees.
- The distribution centre is also used to store and move large quantities of food to Ukraine.
- We have another large shipment of food going to Ukraine in October.
- Providing food parcels, clothing, hygiene, and other supplies to Ukrainians.
- Used clothing centres for distribution.
- 10 children’s centers have been opened for Ukrainian children.
- Providing supplies and food.
- So far 5000 gift bags for children have been distributed that include gospel literature and a book specifically for kids having come out of military conflict.
- 20 kids outreach festivals have been held.
- Day spa for women for when kids are at the Centres. (E.g. Hair cuts available at no cost.)
- Translation equipment for church services.
- Churches are providing a drop-in centre with photocopy machines and supplies for refugees requiring copies of documentation to register at the Consulate.
- 3 language schools and job placement centers have been opened and are functioning to serve Ukrainians who want to learn Polish in order to find better jobs.
- There are plans to start a community kitchen for Ukrainian women to cook and to train women to prepare meals for others. We are awaiting the budget for furniture and equipment and other start-up needs for this initiative.
Here is a link to a video that highlights some of these things explained by the Director of Dobro Czynić and a pastor from the Warsaw South Church, introduced by Bill Finnimore:
Support the mission
The Global Advance Fund (GAF) is a pooled fund that supports our workers in Canada and around the world to share the Gospel with people who haven't yet heard the name of Jesus. Your continued generosity equips and sustains our workers and their ministry.
An In-between TimeJoanne Beach
The Global Advance Fund at work in CanadaThe Alliance Canada
Call for Nomination Papers | Eastern Canadian DistrictThe Alliance Canada
Plant 80 churches in South AsiaThe Alliance Canada
An Indigenous ReflectionHoward Jolly
Owen Sound Alliance Church’s Harvest for HungerThe Alliance Canada