Healed: He Makes the Lame to WalkApril 25th, 2017 | in Health and Healing | 1
Healed: He Makes the Lame to Walk
By: David Pearson
We come to each annual youth rally hoping to see God at work, but this year He had a surprise in store for us. Joel had been having serious problems with his ankles, a rare case that resisted every effort the doctors tried; amputation was being considered to alleviate the intense pain. The leaders challenged the young people to expect the Holy Spirit to act in a big way.
On the last evening, under the impulse of the Spirit, two leaders and I prayed for Joel’s healing, laying our hands on his ankles. Several other leaders joined in, and we took authority in the name of Jesus.
Then we asked Joel to stand up. He stood, but nothing seemed to have changed. A leader asked him if something was binding his feet. Joel took off the tape around his ankles, and we saw in his face the realization that he had no more pain. He began to shout, “JESUS HAS HEALED ME,” while jumping all around.
The room fell silent as, that night, God manifested His healing power to 150 young people. Many committed their lives to God.
Joel is now in his first year of Bible school and senses God’s call to ministry upon his life.
• The Gospel of Healing – Check out A.B. Simpson’s writing on this doctrine, including popular objections, principles of divine healing, and testimonies.
• My Soul Tingled – When God took our founder’s health in hand
• Jesus as Healer – Upholding the sick in prayer
• Taste and See – Daily experiences of His goodness
• Desperate for a Miracle – Proving the power of Jesus’ name
• A Restored Hand – The prayers of a believing family
• Conquering Chemo – Peace and praise in uncertain times
• Apart from a Miracle – Facing the reality of terminal cancer
• Why This? – Finding spiritual fulfillment in suffering
• An Accessible Resource – Physical, spiritual, and relational healing in Nunavut
• A Wonderful, Horrible Season - The treasure of God’s love rediscovered through suffering
• Healing Worship - Practical insights to integrating this liturgical service into the total life of the church with a sidebar on planning a healing service
• Releasing Burdens, Gaining Freedom - Where the sick are healed, the oppressed liberated, the poor find hope
David Pearson is the assistant pastor at Église ACM de Rimouski, in PQ.more stories by David Pearson