Quick Menu:

    Church Resources  Global Ministries Resources  Service Resources

    Five   Children's Ministries  C&MA Manual

    Quick Menu:

    Global Advance Fund  iw-mega-menu-1.fw.png  Causes

    Justice and Compassion  Envision Canada  Jaffray Offering

This page is specifically for sponsoring groups who have read through the  FIRST STEPS and NEXT STEPS information and are ready to submit an undertaking package for a PSR - sponsor referred refugee application.

Please note that groups who are undertaking a BVOR sponsorship: you will just need to complete the documents identified under the heading  "Which Forms Need to be completed by the Sponsoring group?"  (BVORS can exclude the prescreening form).

 CG representatives assisting refugees to  complete their forms or who are reviewing the completed IMM6000 package should read through the following linked documentation:

Experiencing difficulties? Get help to open an application form or to complete an application form.

Which Forms Need to be completed by the sponsorship group?

The Sponsoring Group – CG (constituency group) should submit the follow documentation for undertaking a sponsorship:

1. Documents required by the C&MA SAH:

  • Refugee Prescreening Form 2018 Note: groups who have been matched with a C&MA-referred refugee family or a VOR/JAS/BVOR -referred family do not need to complete this document (this form is required when a church group is working with a local family as co-sponsors, or if the church has self-identified a refugee for sponsorship).
  • Detail Settlement Plan Template with Budget Plan (must be submitted prior to or in conjunction with completing IRCC’s documentation)
  • Letter of Financial Support from church board (or proof of funding in place)
  • Sponsorship MOU and Agreement  (between C&MA SAH and CG (church/co-sponsor)

2. Documents required by IRCC to be completed and submitted to the C&MA SAH:

Which Forms Need to be completed by the refugees?

The Refugee Principal Applicant should complete and submit the following forms:

The Spouse of the Principal Applicant, and any children who are 18-21 year old should be listed as a dependant on the PA’s IMM0008 Generic Application under the additional dependant information in Section E and will each also require to submit their own:

NOTE: As of October 24th, the age limit for dependant children has been raised from "under 19" to "under 22".  This policy change allows for "applicants who had not been granted permanent residence prior to May 3rd to benefit from the expanded age of dependants. Until January 31, 2018, applicants may request to sponsor or add an eligible dependant who was between the ages of 19 and 21 on May 3, 2017 (or on the date we received the permanent residence application, if it was after May 3) to their application." LEARN MORE HERE

Children 17 years and younger of the Principal  Applicant 
should be listed on the PA’s IMM0008 Generic Application under the additional dependant information in Section E. These children do not require any additional forms to be completed unless the number of dependants exceeds 5, then the IMM 008DEP -Additional Dependants form shall also be used.

Children 22 years and older of the Principal Applicant should NOT be listed as a dependant on the PA’s IMM0008 Generic Application and will require their own application package:

De Facto Dependants of the Principal Applicant should be listed as a De Facto dependant on the PA’s IMM0008 Schedule 2 De Facto Dependants section and will also require their own IMM6000 application package:

Supporting Documentation

  • IMM5679E - Document Checklist This checklist provides examples of the types of supporting documents that should be submitted with the application (copies not originals). As a minimum, the refugee's should provide some form of official ID documentation if at all possible (Passport, National ID, Birth Certificate etc.). The supporting documentation is used to prove their identity, their family relationships and may also be used to corroborate their refugee story.

Submitting Documents to the CMA SAH

The C&MA email server will not accept large file sizes, so it is best to set-up a shared Dropbox folder instead of breaking apart email attachments into multiple emails.

Upload the documents into a Shared folder using:

DropBox: If you have never used Dropbox before, you may find it helpful to go to www.dropbox.com/tour to learn about Dropbox. You can also learn about sharing files from this quick video tutorial. This service is free to set-up and use.