Who We Are
Defend Dignity exists to end all forms of sexual exploitation in Canada. Join us as we defend the dignity of every woman. Together we can end sexual exploitation in Canada through awareness of the realities of sexual exploitation, advocacy for law and policy reform, and aid for survivors and service providers.
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada believes:
- in the inherent dignity and value of all women, men, and children made in the image of God.
- prostitution is a form of sexual exploitation, oppression, and violence especially against women and children and seriously undermines their dignity and value
- prostitution is detrimental to a healthy society
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada is therefore committed to the abolition of prostitution by:
- raising awareness and public education on prostitution, sexual exploitation, and sex trafficking
- advocating for stronger legal and social deterrents to eliminate both the illicit demand for and the selling of sex
- developing resources to empower our congregations to take action against prostitution, sexual exploitation, and sex trafficking