Website Western Canadian District C&MA
Hanna Alliance Church is searching for a Pastor who has a strong desire to serve God by ministering to this flock and reaching those in our community.
The ideal person will want to sink their roots deep into this community for the purpose of shepherding the local church and reaching the community at large.
In turn this Pastor will experience all the love and support and benefits that come with living in a small Alberta town.
The Hanna Alliance Church is part of the Western Canadian District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (“CMA”) in Canada.
Church Profile: HAC has a 75-year history in this community. There are approximately 45-50 regular attendees, with a congregational demographic of 55 plus.
Thirty-five percent of Hanna community is now deemed to be seniors. The senior population is forecasted only to increase.
The church has a strong desire to reach others of a similar demographic. There are approximately 5500 residents in town and the surrounding community who need to hear the good news and experience the love of a godly church family.
We sense God has called us at this time in our church life to focus on reaching those of a similar demographic, as well as younger families.
HAC is active in the local ministerial and often has joint services with other churches in town. We bring monthly church services to the local Seniors Lodge and to the long-term care section of the hospital. We serve the community through a regular Wednesday prayer meeting in the beautiful newer Seniors Lodge.
We also assist in hosting Gospel music events, and we coordinate a senior’s choir made up of people from different churches.
Our members are busy helping with many community events, such as an after-school kids program and a youth program that is coordinated by another church.
Our new Pastor will be a man with:
- A deep love for God and His people.
- A spiritual nature that is evidenced by a passionate and prayerful ministry. He will be sensitive to the working of the Holy Spirit, and authentic in relationships with God and his people.
- He will have an ability to teach and preach in a way that is biblical, engaging, relevant, and in agreement with the statement of faith of the CMA of Canada.
- He will have the desire and ability to develop and empower leaders, especially those serving on the Board of Elders.
- He will have the ability, along with the Elders, to search out God’s vision for the church and to be able to cast that vision to the people in a compelling way.
- He will have a heart to reach those in Hanna and around the world who have not yet come to know Christ.
- He will desire to do home visits, especially with the shut-ins and seniors from our church.
- He will have a burden for the local K-12 school and will seek to develop relationship with and offer support to this community.
Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and be licensed, or qualified for licensing, by the Western Canadian District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance of Canada.
We are looking for someone who has at least five years experience in ministry.
Hanna Alliance Church will provide a salary commensurate with standards established by the District, as well as certain benefits. We have a Manse available for our new Pastor. We are looking for someone full time but we are open to discussing other possible options.
We ask you to send a letter of interest and your resume outlining your past ministry experience, education, interests and references upon request.
Email this information to: Bruce Rees firstname.lastname@example.org. Hanna Alliance Church will acknowledge receipt of all resumes, and will inform you if they wish to talk further with you about this position.
Please note Deadline is August 31st, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.