To faithfully serve the Alliance family as we strive to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered and Mission-focused.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
To serve in the administration of all missional engagement pathways including Envision Canada and the Go Global candidate development system with the mandate to reach the least reached across the 5S regions.
Reports directly to: Director, Candidate Development and Assistant Director, Envision Canada
Works closely with the following:
- Internal contacts: Global Ministries Staff including Regional Services Coordinator (RSCs), Envision Canada, Regional Developers (RD), National Ministry Centre (NMC) Staff
- External contacts: Local Church Pastors, Potential Recruits, Candidate Coaches and District Mission Mobilizers
- ENVISION CANADA & Candidate Development (Go GLobal)
- Serves as the contact person for those interested in serving short-term or long-term as part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada (C&MA) through Envision Canada and Global Ministries
- Conducts initial inquiry calls to gain further information and understanding of applicants
- Provide administrative support to the NMC Team in following up with applicants’ documents and financial costs
- Coordinates the process for long-term applicants moving forward by initiating approval for licensing processes with Districts, monitoring formwork and following up with candidates regularly
- Communicate with local churches and Districts regarding candidate approval (apprentices) and approval for licensing process (apprentice and IW candidates) through emails and letters
- Coordinate licensing and pre-appointment interviews
- Prepare profiles for interviews, Lead Team and/or Board of Directors including photo/ testimony
- Represents Envision Canada and Go Global at conferences/ events (Missions, General Assembly etc.) as designated by supervisors.
- PRE-DEPLOYMENT ORIENTATION (PDO) ADMINISTRATION & COMMUNICATION
- Organizes and coordinates logistics for and attends Pre-Departure Orientation annually
- DATABASE & DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Regular data input and maintenance of Sumac Database and Zoho tracking system for trips (?), interns, apprentices and IW candidates with the ability to generate reports as requested
- Maintains and improves the system for consistent and regular contact with prospects and candidates through emails, phone calls and other means and reviewing it on a semi-annual basis in consultation with supervisors.
- Maintains and updates information from Regional Developers for current and projected ministry opportunities on a quarterly basis, including the development of Ministry Opportunity Descriptions (MODs) and managing the posting/ take-down process website
- OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monthly visa reconciliations
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Candidate Development and/or Envision leadership
The ideal candidate will have experience and the ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis and juggle many tasks involving systems, processes and people. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy administrative challenges.
The ability to interact with candidates, staff (at all levels) – sometimes under pressure, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- 5+ years’ administrative experience
- Intermediate experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Document/ systems management
- Ability to travel to Mission events, Pre-Departure Orientation and various conferences (approximately 5-10% travel required)
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Office 365/Sharepoint
- Post-Secondary Education
- Experience in administration
- Experience working with International Workers or cross-culturally an asset
- Experience in providing service in a charitable or non-profit organization
- Database & website management
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Own car an asset.
Competencies also integral to the position:
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems
- Able to discreetly handle confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Problem solving
- Adheres to deadlines
- Works well both independently and as a team member
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Listening skills
- Organizing/planning ability
- Personal work ethic
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re made of people in churches who send people to share love, truth and hope with people around the world, people who may never have heard the name “Jesus” before.