Location: Mexico – based in Mexico City
Duration: Two – four years
Timeline for Deployment: 2022
Our vision is to empower community led development and outreach through the ministry of Brave Heart that will serve as a training ground to reach the Huichol, Otomi and Mazahua peoples of Mexico in partnership with the national church with a vision to go to other parts of the world.
Brave Heart is an organization that seeks to bring love, dignity and hope to each family in indigenous communities. Community development would primarily be focussed upon the indigenous groups outside of the city. While this individual would engage in the community alongside staff from the city, they need to identify key indigenous leaders to work alongside in order to prioritize the needs and respond with the community. Discipleship, both formal and informal is absolutely essential in the community development process.
Two year goals:
- Raise up 2-3 Mexican leaders who would continue on in community development.
- Identify and train key indigenous individuals in village communities on the whole Gospel for the whole person
- See key projects at the Cofradia (Huichol community) is bringing in income
- See 2-3 communities assessing their own community needs and bringing, as a community, resources and solutions.
- Past experience with and/or training in community development.
- An ability to work well with the local Brave Heart team and board.
- An ability to work closely alongside a national who has relationships with and knowledge of indigenous culture and community.
- Experience in business and micro-businesses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.