Duration: 4 Year Term
Timeline for Deployment: 2022
Our vision is to see indigenous, reproducing, contextually appropriate fellowships of Christ followers amongst the Fulani and Wolof peoples of Senegal. We will do this by helping to bring access to Jesus to the least reached of Senegal as we collaborate with Senegalese believers and other like-minded missions to mobilize a reproducing church-planting movement amongst the Fulani and Wolof.
Our multinational team works with existing believers from West Africa’s largest transnational people group, who have a desire to see a church planting movement take place among their people. We work out of a major urban center in support of an emerging regional network and often travel to encourage and build relationships between believers in more remote locations. We hope to establish a training center in the city or it’s outlying areas to serve as a hub for training, discipleship, fellowship and church planting.
- Working with a team to develop and deploy a strategy for church planting among a least reached people group
- Teaching and coaching in discipleship
- Building relationships and friendships
- Participating in access ministries to help bring value to the community where the church planting will be taking place
- Strong Bible knowledge and skills to teach and pass on Biblical truths
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in prayer and intercession
- Understanding of the principles of contextualization and missiology
- Language aptitude to learn the local language
- Spiritual maturity
- Pioneering church-planting requires a long-term strategy, so we are looking for people to join our team who are interested in a medium to a long-term commitment. Experience and desire to grow in the following will be an asset:
- Familiarity with current church planting strategies such as T4T, DBS, Oral Storying
- Experience in discipling believers in spiritual growth and ministry
- Experience in trades and vocational trade instruction
- Willingness to travel by car and appreciate rural hospitality
- Specific training or experience in working with people of other faiths
- Already proficient in French (although not required)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.