Darren and Naomi Herbold
Our God Story
Breaking the chains of oppression so that people can live the life they were called to live and change the world!
Darren and Naomi are a couple who love to work hard and play harder. They try to have fun with their family in everything they do.
Naomi and Darren met at Bible school. Most of their married life was spent in Edmonton, where they had their first two children, Esther and Judah, and adopted their daughter, Rebecca, who was born in Guinea.
Darren has a background in business and marketing, partnered with a theology degree. From pharmaceutical companies, to developing online marketing tools, to developing church multiplication models and being an executive/preaching pastor, Darren gets excited about organizations that have a compelling vision and teams that are passionately pursuing that vision.
Naomi loves caring for people. Being an intercessor has brought her much joy; however, she is passionate about defending the marginalized, the underdogs of society. From working with street workers in Canada to now building systems that provide care to women and children, she is passionately pursuing opportunities to bring the hope of Jesus to the least of these.
Being a tourist town, Phuket has a laid back atmosphere. This is not a megacity; however, beyond the bustle, there is an incredible desire for many visitors to find that “thrill” that can finally satisfy a longing in their lives; be that trying to find that perfect beach to run away from life’s problems to finding meaning and acceptance in the red light district. Phuket truly is a dream location, but the reality for many doesn’t always match up.
The Herbolds are actively pursuing three key areas of focus:
- Anti-human trafficking efforts, which includes prevention, rescue, and after-care.
- Leadership development; teaching business leaders and pastors principles of leadership that allow them to be more effective in their chosen fields.
- Regional collaboration; for the first time, regional ministry workers are gathering monthly for prayer, encouragement, and to think strategically and corporately about this region and how to impact it for Jesus.
What Darren and Naomi love best about being international workers is how the Lord expands their faith; it has been a rewarding experience. They find it incredible to see how the reality of the spiritual realm is part of the culture, which has caused them to walk in a greater realization of the power of the Holy Spirit.
Here are a few options if you want to become involved with the Herbolds’ ministry.
- If the Lord is stirring something in you in regards to Thailand and Phuket, perhaps to justice and compassion work, or any other way, they would love to hear about it. Please email them.
- God is creating a ministry hub in Phuket. He is calling many people to this region of the world. Pray to see if the Lord would have you move to Phuket to be part of his work.
- Many future ministry objectives will include components for short-term teams. If you are interested in a future trip, please email them. They will enjoy the opportunity to connect and potentially plan how a short-term trip might be a possibility.
- Perhaps you are just graduating college, or are taking a year off, and would like to consider a six to twelve month internship opportunity working with the marginalized of society. Please email them and discern together if this is the next step that the Lord would have.