The Committee on Nominations for the 2019 District Conference of The Canadian Midwest District (June 10-12, 2019) is prepared to receive Nomination Papers from candidates who wish to be considered for nomination to the position of District Superintendent.
- Candidates of interest will be persons of exemplary character and spiritual maturity, who are members of an Alliance church, and have demonstrated capability to provide spiritual and organizational leadership on behalf of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada for a family of 74 churches located in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario West of the 90° meridian, and Nunavut
The District Superintendent is the face of the Canadian Midwest District. Key areas of gatekeeping, hearth tending, and shepherding are an important part of the role. Relationship building with workers and churches is a high value for this family of district churches, as well as fostering unity in purpose and identity in Christ. Therefore, priorities of the next District Superintendent would include:
- Adopting and speaking into our ongoing vision for Kingdom multiplication. “Though they are few in number, they are precious to me; and they will be my messengers to the nations.” (c.f. Isaiah 60:22) In the Midwest District this includes reaching sparsely populated regions; focusing on First Nations/Inuit, small communities and new Canadians.
- Discovering and implementing ways in which God would have us invest in the larger Kingdom in order to foster partnerships and mutual support among our churches and those outside of the Alliance.
- Embracing the ongoing development and implementation of the 5S Vision.
- Pursuing spiritual health, fluency, and power to live Christ centered, Spirit empowered and mission focused.
The Committee shall only receive nomination papers from individuals who are committed and able to meet the criteria for a director as outlined in the corporate documents of the District, and who:
- are Canadian citizens,
- are approved for licensing by the C&MA in Canada before they submit their papers and,
- have significant Canadian ministry leadership experience.
The Policy on Process for Electing District Superintendents is found at:
The incumbent District Superintendent, Rev. Al Fedorak, will not be standing for re-election.
A Guide to Nomination Papers and a Candidate Profile Questionnaire are available from: Rev. Greg Dermody, Chair of the CMD 2019 Committee on Nominations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination Papers must be completed and submitted with all necessary documentation before December 31st, 2018.
We’re made of people in churches who send people to share love, truth and hope with people around the world, people who may never have heard the name “Jesus” before.