Thank you to all who took part in our voter survey to find a new name for our magazine. As you can see, the name chosen was Alliance Connection. It comes with a new look and feel. We hope you like it!
You will find the theme of “breaking through” in the articles of this issue of Alliance Connection. Sandy Ayer gives an account of how radio technology broke the ground in the Canadian Prairies to plant numerous Alliance churches in the early twentieth century. Digital technology, today, is giving rural Tibetans access to the Gospel through their smartphones, as told by one of our international workers.
Donna Frentz reports that our leaders are passionately working to organize our structures to remove the boulders that keep information from freely flowing within our Alliance family.
We also focus on three new people groups: the Fulani and Wolof in Senegal and the Yazidis in Northern Iraq.
Like the pioneers who came before us, we are breaking through on many missional levels both at home and overseas. We are excited to share these stories, and more, with you.
Be sure to pick up a FREE copy at any Alliance church in Canada, or click on the pdf at the bottom of this page.
Any member of the Alliance, donor, or friend of the Alliance can sign up to subscribe to the print and/or online version.
- Online subscription: The online version comes directly to your inbox, with links to featured articles, as well as a link to the flipbook version, for viewing on your tablet. You can unsubcribe or change your subscription preferences at any time, via the email that you will receive.
- Print subscription: The print version includes two print issues/year (spring and fall). Print copies are available to people living in Canada or the U.S. only.
To change your subscription or ask questions about these free subscriptions, please let us know by emailing us, phoning us at (416) 674-7878 ext. 202, or writing us at:
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
30 Carrier Dr. Ste 100
Toronto ON M9W 5T7
Every issue of the print version of the magazine is available online. Click on any of the magazine covers shown at the bottom of this page, or see all issues on Issuu now.
Each article, starting with the Spring 2015 issue, is also available on our stories page. Articles include links to related pages or blogs, extra photos or videos, a link to the Issuu version of the magazine, and the opportunity to share your thoughts.
Here are a few ways you can spread the news:
- Ask members of your church to pick up their copy from the church lobby
- Distribute copies as people leave a service
- Ask your church administrator or pastor to share these announcements:
- Use one, two, or all of these PowerPoint slides in the church announcement slides
Links to Resources
- Topical Index for cmAlliance.ca - You can sort by category, title, author, or issue. A link is provided from each article to the online version.
- Writer's Guidelines - provides deadlines, tips for successful articles, how to submit your story, and other helpful information.
- Advertising Policy - tells you how to send ads for inclusion in our magazine, including details such as sizes, costs, graphic requirements, and submission dates, etc.
For more information or to let us know your comments about Alliance Connection, please email us or write us at the address noted above.
To view any of our past issues, please choose one of the links below: