About Defend Dignity
Defend Dignity works toward the abolition of prostitution in Canada. Join the campaign to end modern day slavery and defend the dignity of every woman. Together, we can end prostitution in Canada!
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada believes:
- in the inherent dignity and value of all women, men and children made in the image of God.
- prostitution is a form of sexual exploitation, oppression and violence especially against women and children and seriously undermines their dignity and value
- prostitution is detrimental to a healthy society
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada is therefore committed to the abolition of prostitution by:
- raising awareness and public education on prostitution, sexual exploitation, and sex trafficking
- advocating for stronger legal and social deterrents to eliminate both the illicit demand for and the selling of sex
- developing resources to empower our congregations to take action against prostitution, sexual exploitation, and sex trafficking
Every woman in this country deserves our defense. Prostituted women and those at risk are vulnerable to exploitation. You can do something to change this. Take the next step and get involved in even one thing because together, we can end prostitution!